Friday, July 15, 2011

Quick Catchup

I HAVE A BABY!

They actually let me take him home from the hospital today! They gave me a baby! ME! I have one! And he's perfect!

Can you tell I'm excited?

There will be long posts covering many aspects of this later, but today I am very tired (imagine that) and need some time to recoup and process and adjust, so here's the baby rundown:

Elliot was born at 10:44 am on July 13th. I was in active labor for 11 hours, and was pushing for only the last 50 minutes or so. Somewhere there is a woman reading this who now hates me. I understand this is a very short laboring period and that the amount of push time is almost negligible. There are medical reasons for this, and I will cover them in their own post. I will even tell you women who haven't had babies yet how to start prepping your bodies NOW to have a shorter labor later. There's nothing we can do about your hips, but we can improve your pushing ability. It just takes time.

He was 8 pounds, 11 ounces approximately, and 22 inches long.

And now I need to go feed him. More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment