Friday, September 23, 2011

He's Napping! In his bassinet!

I can bake!!! L. Itsababy's sleeping in his bassinet and thanks to the belt clip on the receiver for the baby monitor, I don't need to be in the bedroom! So I'm baking cupcakes, and cookies. Hurray for both being at 350 degrees! Next up is another batch of cupcakes, then corn muffins and brownies if I have time. The corn muffins aren't anything special, just Jiffycorn. The cupcakes are also nothing special, just funfetti. Unless, of course, funfetti excites you, in which case OMG FUNFETTI IS AMAZING AND I LOVE IT! The brownies are Ghiradelli Triple Chocolate (which I make quadruple chocolate by adding semi-sweet toll house morsels to) but the cookies are something new I'm trying. They're this new pre-made organic brand they're selling at Safeway/Vons called Immaculate. I tried the chocolate chip a few weeks ago, and tey were pretty good. Today we're trying the spice ones. Pictures pending.

I'm making all these because 1) I love to bake, but just DON'T have the time for from-scratch baking anymore and 2) I'm making pulled pork in the crock pot. I love Karla's recipe, it really is the Bees Knees. I'm mkaing a HUGE batch, so I'll have enough to share. I ran into a friend while I was walking L. Itsababy yesterday (6.5 miles!) and he commented that the cookies I had made for him, his wife, and his GORGEOUS son (seriously, this is the only kid I will admit might be cuter than my own) were delicious. I racked my brain for the recipe I used to make those cookies (A sugar cookie and Russian tea hybrid) but cannot remember for the life of me where it might be. Mommy brain. So hopefully they like spice cookies, too!

I have a huge head of cabbage and was going to make coleslaw today as a result. I'm not sure if I'm going to have THAT much time, but it's worth a shot, I suppose. The recipe I plan to use is:

  • 2 cups shredded cabbage
  • 2 tablespoons minced onion
  • 2 tablespoons white vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt 
mix it together in a bowl, refrigerate for an hour. Hey! That's coleslaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment