Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Elliot's hands

E's hands seem to be the new bane of his existence. He has hit himself in the face multiple times today. When they're not beating him up, they flail wildly around his head or, rarely, sit like little butterflies on his chest. It's part adorable and partly heartbreaking. He's so amazingly helpless and there's really so little I can do to help him, except try to explain that he can in fact control these satellite appendages attached to his body, and do little baby workouts with him.

He's had a cough for a few weeks now. Before you get all up in arms about it, he has been to the doctor, who is currently not concerned about said cough. I, however, hate to hear it. Every time he cries for longer than a few seconds the coughing starts, and then my brain goes into this "Oh my God, whooping cough is endemic in California and fatal to infants I MUST CALL THE DOCTOR RIGHT NOW" cycle. And then I tell myself that the last time I called the doctor he told me exactly what to listen and look for, and that E did not seem to be exhibiting those symptoms, so it was probably allergies or a cold.

I really really really hope he's not allergic to cats.

He did, however, have an ear infection. Well, two ear infections. The antibiotic treatment runs out tomorrow, and he has a doctor's appointment next Wednesday; hopefully he'll be right as rain by then.

Chimi and Moo have gotten antagonistic again. They had a lovely calm spell, and now things are getting crazy once more. I have no idea what's causing this, but I want it to stop. there is only so much crying I can deal with in a day and the baby totally has precedence over the cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment